Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2016

Book Review 12

Acai



I have always been a big fan of acai ever since my sister took me out to eat acai bowl with her at this little cafe in Omotesando. Because of the sweet taste in the acai bowl, I had the image that acai was naturally sweet so when I went out to get some frozen acai packs at Kaldi I did not realize that there was an unsweetened pack and an already sweetened pack of acai. I just so happened to get the unsweetened pack and was so surprised to find that real acai does not taste like ...anything! It always tasted like oil because of its richness. I was planning on making an acai bowl but because it did not have any taste, I ended up putting it in the mixer with some frozen fruit to make an acai smoothie.


I heard from my sister on how acai is very good for you, so when I came across a section in the 'Thrive' book about acai, I was very excited to read more about it.


The acai berry is most noted for their exceptionally high antioxidant level. Apparently, the acai berry is very similar in size and texture to blueberris which was a slight surprise as the taste is very bland I had a different image of the acai berry.


Acai berries are not only rich in essential fatty acids and fiber, but are the most highest in protein than other berries. Trace mineral levels are very high and phytonutreients and extremly rich. Brendan Brazier also mentions that frozen acai packs are more nutritious than frozen juice bars.

When I first opened up the unsweetened acai, I was very disappointed because I was craving a nice sweet tasting acai bowl, but I am glad that I just so happened to grab the unsweetened pack of acai.


No comments:

Post a Comment