Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Late...Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a merry n' cozy Christmas :)

I like to spend the holidays with my family, spending most of the day in the kitchen cooking up a storm! That is exactly what I did this Christmas. A little before the big day M\my siblings and I were brainstorming on what to make as we planned to make a whole vegan Christmas dinner.

We decided to make mashed potatoes, (and of course we couldn't forget the ) gravy, ginger bread cookies, focaccia bread, qinuoa stuffed paprika's, hot wine, punch, strawberry and coconut cream dip and a few cakes!

 It was the first time for us to make focaccia, but it turned out awesome! We made three different types; apple focaccia topped with a little cinnamon, tomato and basil focaccia and avocado olive oil focaccia. They all tasted divine with a little bit of olive oil to dip and some hot wine on the side.

I was also extremely fond of the coconut cream! I have to admit, I missed some creamy goodness when I turned vegan but now that I found a substitute, I am OH so happy! It is so easy making coconut cream. All you have to do is make sure to get some canned coconut milk, put it in the refrigerator to cool then once it is cool enough, you then take out the milk hardened part of the milk which you can use to make the cream!

I like to add a tad bit of vanilla essence along with some maple syrup to make it nice and sweet!


Heres a little snap of what our Christmas dinner looked like!

Sadly I was only able to take  a photo of some of the food as my phone just had to die on me when the cakes cake out ;(
Thinking about all the food makes me want Christmas back!

No comments:

Post a Comment