Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Book review 1.

I have always been into moving my body, whether it be dancing, sports,sticking to a workout routine, running or even randomly getting up to clean my room. ( ADD much? Haha!)

A few months ago I went to the gym with a few friends. At first I did not like the idea of going to the gym  because I did not know how to use any of the workout machines which was quite intimidating to me but, as my friends taught me the proper form and how to hold the weights I decided to give it a shot. 
 That amazing moment I first wrapped my bare hands around the barbell and lifted those dumbell's, I fell in love! Ever since then I have been doing more research on weight lifting which inspired me to want to compete in IFBB contests http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2015-ifbb-npc-legends-pro-bikini.html
 or better yet, become a professional olympian athlete someday in the far future. 

To get the best out of my workouts I wanted to study up on some quality vegan supplements that would aid me through my workouts. I looked all over the Aoyama Library but, could not find a single book that really stood out to me so I decided to borrow a book from my sister(who is also vegan ), a runner and yoga instructor who I assumed owned a book that is somewhat similar to what I was looking for. She recommended this book called "THRIVE The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life"written by a professional Ironman Triathlete called Brendan Brazier.

The title alone told me that this was exactly what I was looking for. 

I have read up to chapter two and so far I found that the writer Brendan, came up with a plant based diet including post and pre workout snacks, gels and drinks called the Thrive Diet which is supposed to help you develop a lean body as well as a sharp mind that boost and enhances your performance as an "elite endurance athlete"

The first chapter is a detailed explanation on how the main reason for stress in life is from the food that we put into our bodies, and that by changing to a (mainly raw) plant based diet, our bodies do not take so my energy on digesting foods that are cooked at high temperature, or meat. 

In chapter two, Brendan talks about pH effects on the body and how to properly eat certain foods at certain times of the day to get the most out of your workout. 

The book is very clearly described and easy to read. 

At the end of the book Brendan shows a 12-week whole foods mean plan which includes gluten and soy-free recipes which I am very much looking forward to reading!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not vegan or vegitarian but I'm interested in how they eat and stuff so I hope I can learn something from your blog. And you should tell me those recipes that are on the end of the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ill probably take those recepies and revise them in my own way then put them up here lol

      Delete