Total Pageviews

Friday, October 23, 2015

Book review 2

The book that I chose was so intriguing that I actually fineshed the book in less than a week!
So, I will be posting about the interesting facts and things that I learned along the way.


Around the end of the book the auther explains about the staple foods that he recommends for the 'Thrive Diet'
One that caught my eye was agave nectar.
I remember my father talking about it, telling me that it saying that it is predominantly grown in Mexico,which is a slow-release carbohydate and trace minerals from a blue cactus.
At the time, I was not so interested in health so i lightly brushed it off.
Reading more into the amazing healthy sweatener, I am tempted to get my own bottle of agave nectar. It is said to have about 90 percentt fructose so it goes well with dates which are high in glucose levels which make a good pre-workout snack.


Reading this book has inspired me to make more of my own 'homemade energy bars'. When I get the chance to make them again Ill definitely to to incorporate some agave nectar and dates, then take a few photos to post on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment