Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Vegan Gluten free Chocolate Cake Balls

Vegan Gluten free Chocolate Cake Balls


Every now and then I have these sudden urges to make something sweet so a few weeks ago I started looking through this blog http://ohsheglows.com/ which is written by Angella a vegan blogger.

I was in the mood for something chocolate but something that was easy to eat so I decided to make her http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/08/vegan-and-gluten-free-chocolate-cake-balls/ vegan + gluten free chocolate cake balls. (You can see her beautiful creation at her blog here.)

This recipe  is extremely simple,  plus it is chocolatey (Perfect!). So, I had to try this out.




for the cake:
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/3 cup grapeseed oil (or other light-tasting oil of choice)*
  • 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup organic cane sugar (or unrefined sugar like coconut sugar)
  • 1.5 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Cuisine Soleil) or flour of choice
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt

for the cake balls:
  • 1 can full-fat chilled coconut milk (do not use light coconut milk) (I only used 1/2-3/4 cup cream)
  • 200-225 grams non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate
  • 1 tsp coconut oil, to thin out chocolate
  • toppings: shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc



What I really enjoyed most about this recipe because the main thing that is needed to do is to crush up the cake that you made to make it into the cake balls, so not having to worry about the cake turning out perfect took a lot of pressure of and made it very easy to make.
 
 Angela added little chocolate bits on her cake balls but I decided to add walnuts to mine, and i like how it turned out!
 It was extremely chocolaty so which cured my chocolate craving for good!! 
Every one in my family that tried this out really liked it and asked me to make it again right after it disappeared!
 
Next time I make this I'm going to try and make it with only coconut flour for the cake to become more crumbly.
 
 
(I often add photos of other snackys that i make on Instagram if your interested! https://www.instagram.com/sheripiratawa/)

6 comments:

  1. It seems to be very delicious!! :9
    The recipe is simple, so I want to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very good and cute(^^)
    Putting nuts ont the top is a good idea. They looks better.
    I want to try this recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete