Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Book Review 5

I am all for food that help active people. Such as foods containing potassium, molybdenum and zinc.


*Potassium helps the body maintain fluid balance and therefore hydration. Potassium is crucial for active people as they tend to sweat alot more.


*Molybdenum is a trace mineral which moves stored iron into the bloodstream which then helps the body get rid of toxic material as well as minimizing stress.


*Zinc plays an integral role in perservting proper immune funtion. It also allows the body to use dietary protein as building blocks  for regeneration of muscle.


As for potassium, I always seem to eat bananas before workout but, I have recently been getting a little bored of the usual and wanted more vareity. Reading through the book, I found that kiwi is a also a good source for potassium.


To be honest, It was the first time for me to even hear the word "Molybdenum". Finding out that foods containing molybdenum such as legumes (for example, chili beans, chickpeas, black beans etc) nuts and psuedograins are crucial to our health, I wanted to learn more about legumes. I started searching the net and came to find that this site was very helpful.
http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/what-are-legumes-paleo/#list-of-legumes


Because I starting weight lifting, I try to get a proper intake of foods that restore the muscle. Foods that contain zinc are psuedograins, pumpkin seeds and nutritional yeast.
I sometimes eat peanut butter bread, topped with pumpkin seeds which gives a nice crunch!
I also never heard the word "Nutritional Yeast" so i got some info on it from this site. http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/nutritional-yeast-health-benefits-tips-and-recipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment