Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Book Review 6

I am not the type of person to go into depth on a certain subject but a sentence in the "Thrive" book got be thinking and made me curious enough to do some research.

In the third chapter on page 97 There is a subject about how the thrive diet that Brendan Brazier recommends is a diet that is less demanding on the environment.

"A diet consisting of food that has been minimally processed and consists of primary-source nutrition is less demanding on the environment."-Brendan Brazier


This one sentence really stood out to me because I have never been into
environmental issues until I because vegan.
After reading this part of the book it made me think about the film/documentary called "Cowspiracy"http://www.cowspiracy.com// where it talks in great depth about how going vegan may save the planet.

It really made me wonder if there are any vegan environmentalists. 

I read an article from theguardian.com that was published in 2010 in June.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet
In this article, it goes on to say how agriculture is on the same level of "danger" as fossil fuel consumption because both are rising with the growing population.

I strongly believe that vegan ism goes hand in hand in helping in reducing emissions and green house gases so to think that there are non-vegan or non-vegetarian environmentalists is frustrating and mind boggling to me.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that there is a relationship between food and environment. The article was interesting and I would like to KNow moe about environment and food problem.

    ReplyDelete